Wednesday 5 June 2013

Ipad Mini Review


I have a tendency to fritter my money away and have nothing to show for it, so after seeing the launch of the Ipad Mini I thought, right I'm going to get one.

I've always wanted a tablet because of the ease of use. They're just so handy to have instead of firing a laptop up all the time to browse the internet or write something up. I mean yes you can use mobiles for that kind of thing these days, but then they're a little on the small side to do these things and catch up on Eastenders or Made In Chelsea! 
So when the Ipad Mini arrived I was adamant on having one. Smaller than the Ipad, bigger than a mobile - ideal for all the things I wanted to do.

For the price of £269 for the 16GB version in my eyes it was a bargain.
It can be taken almost everywhere and is so handy. Since first purchasing I must admit the novelty has worn off slightly since when I first had it but never the less I'd be lost without it.


As you can see from the pictures it's very easy to hold in one hand. It's so light and weighs just a mere 308 g. It's actually 23% thinner than the Ipad too. The screen measures 7.9 inches with a resolution of 1024 x 768. Not widescreen nor HD but because of the size of the screen everything is very crisp and clear, and when watching videos in landscape videos are adjusted to 16:9. Retina display isn't present but is rumoured for the Mini 2.
One thing I love about the look of the Ipad Mini is the fact that the edges aren't thick and chunky and it's mostly screen. Some tablets I previously thought about getting were a let down because of the thick edges. Maybe I'm panickity but that's just a preference of mine.

The ability to do more than one thing at once is great. Easy gestures such as a swipe here of there can allow you to easily switch between apps or functions running behind. Sometimes it's a pain to keep closing windows and apps to look at something else, but with the Ipad Mini it's just a swipe away, then swipe again to go back. Good eih? The speed is also incredible. It runs on an A5 chip which provides smooth and powerful performance. No lagging when watching films ans switching between multiple apps.

As for other features, there's loads of great points such as the high speed WiFi connection, the 1080p recording (which is extremely good) and a 5mp Isight rear camera which takes fantastic snaps. Also it lasts for such a long time, with up to 10 hours of surfing the web over WIFI. I won't go into all the specs but if you're looking to buy an Ipad Mini and want to know more in depth details you can read about all of the specs and more here.

Conclusion:
Great little gadget for anyone wanting to watch videos, surf the net, and easily use social media and apps, also very good for those wanting to do a little more such as college students, and businesses because of the huge variety of apps such as cue cards, presentations, document writing, schedule tracking, and more!

It's very easy and convenient to carry around compared to an Ipad, and the size doesn't compromise the power and the quality of the item. At such a cheap price it's great for everything I mentioned above and more. For anyone not into apple products this one will defiantly change your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...